Traxsys Input Products is the major supplier of cursor control devices in the UK with in excess of 20 years of experience in designing and manufacturing customer focussed solutions. Technology applications include military, aerospace, medical, media, marine, public access and industrial. Engineers at Traxsys Input Products have continued to rise to the demands of increasingly sophisticated markets and the expectations of major global OEM’s by creating designs and products that reflect the leading edge of computer input technology. The ability to satisfy the varied and ever changing needs of our customers has built enduring partnerships over this wide range of technologies, environments and ergonomics.
Traxsys Input Products is wholly owned subsidiary of Ametek Corporation. Traxsys Input Products is part of the Ametek Motion Group of companies.
The site is well connected to major roads and motorway systems with airports at Bournemouth (6 miles) and Southampton (16 miles) plus the sea freight facilities at Southampton. It is a well established but modern site, purpose built for the business in 2000. It has an extensive communications network within the site linking multi functional teams with each other and with their Customers.
All business functions are located within the site:
Traxsys Terms & Conditions
Features within the site include:
• INFOR Syteline ERP system (includes inventory control with lot tracking)
• 3off Surface Mount Electronics placement machines (making lead and RoHS assemblies)
• 2 off print and reflow lines for circuit boards
• 6 Lean production cells
• Stores – completely segregated for Aerospace items
• Warehouse – with lorry dock and fork lift
• Secure access and egress to the building
• Fully computerized CAD suite – for design of electronics, software and mechanics
• Development and Test area for prototyping
• Darkroom and spectral radiometer for light measurement
• Air conditioned Customer conference room with video conferencing
The skilled workforce of 40 people brings a wide range of talents to the business – all focused on Customer satisfaction. All of these skills are recorded and charted on a training plan. All activities are controlled by formal procedures which are certified to AS9100; a documented Health and Safety management system also operates. Workmanship standards are laid down through Work Instructions and cosmetic standards. Soldering standards are set by IPC 610D, with employees trained and monitored by our own IPC certified trainer.